The profession of pastry: experience, passion and modernization
The employment market increasingly calls for a return to professions linked to craftsmanship, artisans and creativity, and certainly this is an area where pastry chefs are able to assert themselves in a profession that allows us to express these characteristics at the highest level.
Joining CAST Alimenti advanced level training programs means relying on those with experience of over 20 years and over 30,000 hours of practical training, which has enabled hundreds of young people to qualify for jobs in the pastry arts sector.
The course has been designed using a teaching methodology of maximum effectiveness, with excellent results in terms of knowledge, all achieved in a short amount of time. Importance is placed on manual skills and professional techniques, essential and indispensable requirements when looking to enter roles of employment.
Great attention is paid to active participation in practical activities, manual skills and organization in real working scenarios, thanks to the continuous support from highly skilled masters and teachers in the classroom. Our laboratories are equipped with cutting edge equipment and technologies, and this is combined with personalized training, accompanied by diligent care and attention towards the students and their personal professional attitudes. Each laboratory is carefully selected and specialised for each individual program
There will be in-depth consultations with the great masters and specialized field trips in order to keep current with the times, and to understand new products and commercial formulas.
• Making a wide range of pastry products, classic and modern, using the techniques of the great masters.
• Manage your work in an autonomous and efficient way, thanks to hours of practice and simulation of an actual work enviromìnment.
• Understanding the most advanced equipment and their correct use.
- 16 weeks in the classroom
- 16 weeks of internship in an Italian company
- 4 days of final exams
The course is suitable for
Anyone who wants to learn or perfect the craft of the profession in pastry arts, acquire manual skills and understand the organizational and management aspects of a laboratory and the business industry. Previous pastry experience is not essential.
Number of participants per edition: closed number.
The course is in italian. So, for attending it, a minimum knowledge of Italian language is required (B1 or B2 level). During the teaching period, for recipes, for theoretical lessons specific support will be given in English for the foreign students.
Eligibility to join a CAST Alimenti program in Italy
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must include personal resume with past experience and history;
- Must have minimum B1 or B2 level (intermediate level) in Italian language (for better understanding of Italian Culinary & creating global job opportunity);
- Must have good communication skills in English language;
- Must be highly motivated to start a career in the food & beverage industry;
- Eager to learn another foreign language and adapt to the Italian lifestyle.
- Attendance certificate (5 stars to the most deserving)
- HACCP certificate
- Certificate of safety in the workplace
- Certificate of skills acquired EQF (European Qualifications Framework) issued by the Lombardy Region and valid throughout Europe for the profile of pastry chef Level EQF: 3
Terms and Conditions and schedules
The course is offered in 16 weeks full time, generally from Monday to Friday (8.30-17.00 ca). Training in the classroom will be followed by 16 weeks of internship and a subsequent return to school to take the final exams.
The registration fee includes:
- Participation in all practical activities including, theoretical lessons, demonstrations, didactic exercises, handouts and cookbooks;
- Expert Professors, selected by CAST Alimenti among the best Italian specialists in the culinary business;
- Utilization of hi-tech classes and/or labs, fully provided with the most advanced technical tools and equipment;
- CAST Alimenti Staff’s support all along the Course;
- All necessary ingredients;
- Kit of personal professional utensils;
- Breakfast, lunch and coffee break during the course period;
- Three professional jackets, a pair of trousers, an apron and a shoulder bag with the CAST Alimenti brand;
- Attestation of attendance, HACCP, Certificate of safety in the workplace;
- Certificate of skills acquired EQF (European Qualifications Framework) issued by the Lombardy Region and valid throughout Europe for the profile of Pastry Chef - Level EQF: 3;
- Reserved access to the section of the website dedicated to job offers;
- Reception services, tutoring and VISA release documentation.
The registration fee does not include:
- Air fares, travel insurance, pocket money;
- Accommodation and evening meals during the course period, accommodation and meals during the internship;
- VAT Italian tax (+22%);
- Tutoring outside lesson time;
- Transfers from / to the airport of arrival / departure;
- Daily transfers from / to CAST Alimenti.
The payment of the entire fee is foreseen in 5 instalments without interest (down payment + 4 successive instalments).
Where to stay
CAST Alimenti becomes a first-rate accommodation facility, offering its students the most welcoming solutions. Find out more
The CAST Alimenti Education Office is in charge of keeping contacts, drafting the Convention and opening the Individualized Training Project, constantly monitoring the progress of the experience through the figure of the tutors. The service can be activated based on compliance with the requirements of the contractual clauses (see contractual clauses at the time of registration).
Registration is limited. To register you must register on the website, fill in the online registration form and pay a deposit (by credit card or bank transfer). The course will confirm once the minimum number of studetns has been achieved. For more information contact CAST Alimenti at +390302350076, or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why choose CAST Alimenti
- For its history: we were established in 1997.
- For his Faculty comprising of trade professionals and highly qualified teachers.
- For the possibility of immediate integration into employment thanks to a solid network of contacts with employers who reserve job placements for those who attend school.
- Because it is the school of world champions.
- For international training and exchange projects.
Are you not convinced yet?
Contact us to receive more information or to organize an individual and personalized visit to the school.Contact us